Since 2011, Women Sharing Art, Inc. has given $1,000 in scholarship money each year to promising female high school seniors who show a depth and breadth of art medium mastery as well as those who want to continue on with an art education. Women Sharing Art, Inc. chooses from a pool of female artists that have applied to the BAFFA (Bay Area Friends of Fine Arts) show in April of each year through their high school art teachers. Prior to 2015, SBAA (South Bay Art Association) held a similar process in the fall where Women Sharing Art, Inc. would choose recipients from their pool of applicants.
- 2017: BAFFA: Taylor West (Sachem), Elizabeth Acierno (Sayville) & Jillian DeCamio (Sayville)
- 2016: BAFFA: Jessica Cipp (Bellport), Paige Liskiewicz (Sayville)
- 2015: BAFFA: Jamie Clifton (Bellport)
- 2014: SBAA: Samantha Struzzieri (Smithtown) BAFFA: Daniela Gallego (Brentwood), Casey Leach (Bellport)
- 2013: SBAA: Elizabeth Galian (Bayport Blue Point), Daniela Gallego (Brentwood) BAFFA: Meagan Mulry (Sayville), Alissa Naer (Sachem East)
- 2012: SBAA: Lorelai Olk (Sayville), Madison Weisman (Northport) BAFFA: Kristin Sabatino (Sachem)
- 2011: SBAA: Raissa Oliveira-Silva (Commack) BAFFA: Alicia Blumenthal (Bellport)
In 2017, Women Sharing Art, Inc. began awarding a total of $1,000 a year in grants to members of its organization to further their artistic exploration and education.
Below are articles and information about our Scholarship recipients from prior years: